Transferred again

Hey Everebody,

I stayed in Costa e Silva for 5 days and was transferred again, because someone tried to rob us and we beat him up. Just Kidding! Eight more american missionaries got there visas and now I am training an american and reopening an area at the same time. It is a little difficult because Elder Woolley doesn't talk, I speak more or less, and we have to start everything almost from scratch in our area. Our area was part of the Zone Leader´s area, but they never worked on this side and only had one investigator. Oh yeah, my new area is called Mandacaru, and when I learned that I was going there everyone started to say that it is one of the worst slums in João Pessoa, but it doesn´t look that bad to me, and all of the drunks and gangsters like the missionaries. Saturday night I entered a dark street and saw a guy sitting on the ground and started to talk with him and then one by one four other guys came so I taught them all and said a prayer with them. None of them came to church, but I think I will visit them again.

I have been doing lots and lots of contacts and I have made my trainee do a couple. I have only been senior a couple of days, but I already feel like am three times better as a missionary, just because I have to be. I have been a lot more bold talking with people, becuase the way I figure they probably won't accept us anyway so I might as well show them what I am there to do. We were able to bring 4 people to church on Sunday, Alisson, Jeane, and gabrielle, (a couple and their daughter) and a man named Pedro who is also married and has kids.

Saturday night they had the dedication of the chapel in Guarabira. I didn't get to go, but I heard that it was really good. They had more than 300 people at the dedication Saturday night, and I talked to Elder Siqueira on the phone Saturday night and he said they had already marked 8 baptisms, and today Sister Hall told me that they brought 18 investigators to Church on Sunday.

I dared one of the Zone Leaders to do a contact at the front of the bus a couple of days ago and he did it, so now I have to do it as well, but I will talk about baptism in my contact. They have a thing here called fire contacts, where you invite the person to be baptized the first time you talk with them. All of the missionaries have a laminated picure of the baptism of Christ on the front and a confirmation on the back.

Gotta go, love,

Elder Jay

Oh and congratulations Tim and Elisa!



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum