Favela

Querida Familia

My area is a really crappy place to live. Everybody likes alchohol, drugs, and shooting eachother. We were teaching an 18 year and we had marked his baptism for May 1, but Thursday night someone drove by the front of his house and shot and killed him. The same night the nephew of another investigator was shot and killed. This week was the "holy week" and to commemorate, everyone drank wine instead of cachaça. There were lots of drunk people in the streets.

Saturday night I gave three blessings, one to the mom of our investigator that died, one to a sick member, and one to a man that got hit by a speeding motorcycle.

Also I lost my wallet, the button on my back pocket broke and I think it fell in the street or something. I´ll never see it again,and I will need you guys to cancel my credit card at UCCU.

I got a letter from Rayssa this week that was really good. Even with the crappy things that happened this week, it is worth to be on a mission if you can help one person find the truth. She also sent her Facebook, it should be easy for you guys to find, rayssa.sud.brasil@gmail.com, just write, "sou familia de Elder Jay."

tchau,
Elder Jay Brazil






NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum