Deportation

Querida família,

We baptized a girl named Gerliana this week She has been going to church with a member family for a couple of months and her first question for us was "when am I going to be baptized?" I was an illeagal immigrant from Setember until Friday. It is a good thing the police didn't catch me or I would have been deportIed. 

The church sends a letter to the mission when it is time to renew the visa, but the mail workers here went on strike for a month so the letter got there late. We had transfers on Wednesday and Thursday was my first day with my new companion. What I didn't know was that the APs were trying to call me the all day long, but my cell phone was malfunctioning. When I got home I plugged in the cell phone to recharge and saw that it wasn't working so I messed with it a little then went to bed, but during my prayer the cell phone rang and one of the APs asked if I could get to the bus stop before 11 o´clock, it was already ten-thirty but we all got dressed real fast and payed a guy to take  us to the bus station.

I made it to the bus station on time and went from Mossoró to Campina Grande overnight and from Campina Grande to João Pessoa in the moring. I travelled with another Elder that was going to train a new missionary so I wasn´t alone. President Hall picked us up in the bus station at 10 in the morning and took us to the Federal Police station where I renewed my visa then ate lunch with President and Sister Hall and at 4 o´clock got on a bus from João Pessoa to Campina Grande. I got on a bus from Campina to Mossoró at 7 thirty and got to my house in Mossoró at 5 in the morning. I scared the other Elders because they didn't know I was coming yet and I had keys to the house. It was pretty funny. Then I slept for an hour until 6 thirty and was really tired all day because I hardly slept.

Gotta go já



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum