Romania 20 June 2011

Hey everybody,

How is it going?  Happy father's day,  dad, and to all the other dads that get this email.  I don't really know how far this thing goes.

This week has been good.  We have been doing a little more park contacting since it has been a little warmer, it still isn't that warm though because I'm up here in Brasov in the mountains.  Last summer was super hot, but this summer isn't too bad.  It's more humid here though.  Jerm said he looked at Brasov on google street maps.  That's crazy to think that you can see all the places that I go.  I'll be able to show you stuff from all my cities when I get back thanks to google.  After being deprived of it for a year and a half I may never take technology for granted again.

I have learned really well since I got here to call people and reschedule everything several times a day.  People stand us up a lot so if somebody isn't coming anymore to a lesson we call all our other investigators and tell them we are free right then, and people have actually told us to come over a lot.  This is probably one of the first transfers that I have had that work out really well for me.  We have been park contacting but not a whole lot because we have been able to meet with people a lot, and we have taken some time to call a lot of people from the potentials list.  Two people came to church yesterday and I was thinking about how it seemed from their perspective.  I am really used to it so to me it seemed like a regular Sunday, but I did go with some questions and get the answers.  After sacrament meeting one of our investigators, Ion Furtuna, had to leave and he looked at us a smiled and said, "that was really good.  I'm going to keep coming."  And he said that he liked how everything the said was true (the Holy Ghost must have been testifying to him).  It's interesting how for us it has become so normal, but for other people it is way different and really nice.  I remember back in college I loved going to the stake singles branch because it was a break from the rest of the week and it just always felt really peaceful there.  I always know that people will like church, they just have to make the time to come once and they will want to always come back.  Especially this ward is really good at being warm and friendly, and peaceful.  It will probably grow really fast.

I heard that one of the branches that I was in, Ploiesti, has to open up the thing in the back now to make the room bigger because they have so many people coming.  I was there with them at the beginning of the year when we made a goal to have more people coming to church every week.  It looks like they're succeeding.  It's cool.

We have one investigator, ifrim, that really wants to be baptized right now (and a few others that are getting there) but he can't decide whether or not to marry his girlfriend so that he can keep the law of chastity.  He said that if he had known about the law of chastity he might not have kept coming to church because it is too difficult to fix.  I guess it was a good thing that they didn't have any lessons or talks about the law of chastity before he decided he wants to get baptized.  He said he might get married in August and then he can get baptized.  We told him he needs to keep the law of chastity anyway.  And maybe we can help him get baptized sooner.

Brasov is the closest city to one of dracula's castles (the brauns castle) and we might go out to see it on a P-day.  I found instructions in the Area Book for how to get there.  There is also stuff in there about a Zoo and an obstacle course park, so maybe we can do some fun things.  It's really really sad that Ed lost his Area Book.  Those things are priceless because of the investigator information.  I think it merits a miracle for you to find it again.

Love,
Sora Jay



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum