brazil

Querida Família,

Mom said that she was praying that we would be able to see the fruits of our labor and Ariel told a cool story so I will tell one as well.

My first transfer as senior companion I trained a new missionary and reopened an area. There weren't any investigators, we didn't know any members or the area, my companion spoke worse portuguese than I did, and we lived with the zone leaders that were going home and were really trunky and liked to sleep-in and make fun of us. The first transfer there we didn't baptize anyone, we found one 18-year-old kid that looked like he was really interested and said he wanted to be baptized, but he was murdered before he could.

The second transfer we also worked reallly hard, and I was called to be district leader, but we still didn't have very many results, we baptized one person, and when I was transfered I felt like I hadn't done much in that area, but last week the missionary that I trained was transferred here to Mossoró as well and told me that five people that I had found and taught and brought to church had been baptized after I left.

Today we had P-day with our zone and we played soccer like always. I'm getting better and attempted a bicycle (if you don't know what a bicycle is, it's when you fall backward to kick the while it is in the air). I kicked the ball, but it didn't go anywhere near the goal and it hurt because I landed on my butt.

We are teaching a family that is really cool, we already baptized the daughter because she has been going to church since January. The only problem is that the parents aren't married, but they want to get married. I have a box full of coins that I have been saving up for a couple months that I will use to help pay their wedding.

Well, gotta go already

Elder Thomas Jay



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum