Batismos

Querida familia,

This week was pretty good. There was a cool story, baptisms, and transfers.

For the month of July Presidente Hall set a goal to baptize 200 people, which the mission hasn't done since he got here. Last week we had batized 138 people and we only had one week to reach the goal of 200. Presidente Hall asked for everyone to fast and sacrifice, so we did and on one week the mission baptized 79 people. There were lots of miracles this week just our zone that has 7 companionships baptized 17 people on Sunday. We baptized 3 people, Joyce, Larissa, and Anderson, I'll send some pictures later.

We had all of the baptismal interviews markd for Saturday afternoon, but Friday night we went to Joyce's house (Joyce and Larissa are next door neighbors) and she told us that Larissa was really sick with a feber and vomiting, and they were going to take her to the hospital. We went there to talk with her and her family and offered to give her a blessing. I had never felt before that should bless someone to get better right away and I thought that maybe it was becuase I don't have enough faith, but when I was going to give the blessing to Larissa I prayed to have more faith and when I put my hands on her head I felt that I should bless her to recover right away. When we came back on Saturday she was all better, passed the interview, and was baptized on Sunday. It was pretty cool.

With Anderson we needed and adult from his family to sign the baptismal form, but he lives with his grandma and great-grandma and niehter on knows how to read or write. Anderson's parents don't care about him and he doesn't even know where his mom lives, so we were had a dilema until Sunday morning we passed by his house one more time and his uncle was there to sign the form. Another miracle.

One more. With the transfers one of the other Elders in our house was called to train a new missionary and yesterday night they need a ride from the bus station to our house, which is pretty distant. I thought there were only three people in this ward that had cars and none of them could go. We were walking in the road and a car passed us and honked and then stopped so we went there and it was a sister from the ward that had a car and I didn't know, I don't even know where she lives. I told her about the transfers and she asked at what time the other missionaries would arrive and while we were talking my phone rang and the Zone Leaders told me that they had arrived in the bus station so Sister Katia went and picked them up.

Also, my first son, Elder Woolley was transfered here and is in an area right next to mine, so now my two sons have met each other. He told me that 5 people that I had found and taught in Mandacaru, my last area, were baptized after I left. It made me happy to know that the work I did there gave some fruits. I was called to be a district leader again, but this time I only have to worry about one other campanionship and they live in our house so it will be easier.

Gotta go already,

Elder Thomas H. Jay

"My goal is to be the most humble man in the world!"
                  -Elder Wright



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum