Querida familia,

I finally got my package on Sunday. Thankyou guys for the candybars and the pictures. The photo album is really cool, I already showed it lots of people, but unfortunately I had to share my candybars as well:(  Now onto the rest of the week.

This week we had transfers, but no one was transferred. Everyone always thinks that I am going to be transferred, but I think I will stay here for nine months. When everyone thinks that I will stay I will leave. We had a little party in the church the night of the transfer so we could say goodbye to the members if we left. Rayssa (our golden recent-convert) made a cake, and someone brought salgados e soda. Elder Siqueira got the call at about 8:30, but no one knew except for me. We set an alarm on the phone and when the alarm went off Elder Siqueira answered and pretended that it was the Zone Leaders telling him the transfer. He told everyone that there would be another compionship of sisters and everyone got real happy, but then he said that they were taking out the elders and everyone got real sad, then we told them it was a joke and they got real mad. I felt a little bad though, because Rayssa started to cry, but it was still funny.

On sunday I gave a talk in church, a member baptized his daughter, we baptized a 20 year-old named Junior, and we held a fireside. In my talk I spoke for 15 minutes all in Portuguese with just a couple of notes. I talked about our vision, that we need to look for the good in everything, including ourselves and especially other people, I also talked about enduring to the end. The baptism of the little girl was really cool, the dad started to cry, then the little started to cry, and then everyone else started to cry. I almost cried. Later that night we baptized Junior, he took out his earrings and hasn't put them back, and the next day he cut his hair. It is cool when the people start to make little changes by themselves. Then we had a firesiede that was all about waking up. We found all the scriptures that talk about waking up or sleeping and made a slideshow. We also made some movies where Elder Siqueira and I woke each other up. In one Elder Siqueira was fell asleep while praying and I stuck a tack in his rearend, another one I flipped his mattress over while he was sleeping and a couple more. There is a creepy guy that keeps on looking at my computer screen. I'm glad I am writing in English. We also showed the video where the dad has to sacrifice his son to save all the people on the train and we showed the video "Church Growth" where they put a red dot for every stake that is made. We are trying to get the members excited to work more.

I bought a cool cowboy hat too. It is like Ed´s but is dark brown

We taught Rayssa´s aunt who turned crazy a couple of months ago. She hears voices and thinks that everyone wants to kill her. We talked with her for a while read some scriptures took her back to her own house with her kids (she was staying in her mom´s house)said a prayer with her, and took her to church on Sunday. We promised her that if she came to church the voices would stop and she wouldn´t be afraid anymore. It worked, she is back in her own house and she is doing fine. Now we just need to baptize her, her husband and her kids.

Tchau,

Elder Jay



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum