Another one!

Querida familia,

There´s another baby on the way already? I have only been gone for 9 months and 3 have been with two more on they way. It´s going to be hard to remember all of their names when I return home. This week a met a lady that has 15 brothers and sisters. She is the first person I have met in Brazil with a family bigger than mine.

This week at church the President of the Relieif Society spoke. She used to be a member of the Assembly of God and she acts like she is still there. She was up there in the front yelling in the microphone, waving her arms, rebuking the members, it was pretty bad. She also teaches in the relief Society two times per month and we can always hear her in Elder´s Quorom.

The members here started playing soccer every Friday night a couple of weeks ago and President Hall lets Elder Siqueira and I play with them if we bring an investigator. He said it has to be and investigator for real and not someone we found on the street that wanted to play soccer. It is a good activity and there are a lot of less-active members that are going. Last week I made a goal, but this week I wasn´t as lucky.

Elder Siqueira and I are planning a fireside for this Sunday to help the members get more excited. Right now we have about ten or twelve young people in the branch that are helping a lot, they visit people, bring them to church, sit with our investigators, but we need to get more members to work. We have a class every Sunday night where we have been working with this group and it is because of them that the number of people coming to church has increased alot. Imagine what will happen when every members is working.

Last night Rayssa, our golden recent-convert made dinner for us. It was actually really good. She made lasagna, a thing of vegetables and pinapple juice. The only problem is that I have lost my appetite the last two weeks. I probably have bunch of parasites, but the good news is that every 6 months all of the missionaries here recieve medicine to kill all of the parasites. In a month and a half I will reach the six month mark in Brazil and they will give me the medicine.

Crazy people always like to talk to me, but we always just invite them to church and leave. There is one really weird guy that I have seen a lot and this week he actually came to chuch, but I don´t know what to do with him. I really don´t want to teach him because he creeps me out, but if he keeps coming to church I guess we should.

Things have gotten a little more difficult here recently. It seems like the Devil is working harder because there is a new chapel here. A lot of the members are having problems and none of our investigators are progressing, but we just have to punch the Devil in the face and keep on working and everything will be just fine.

Tchau,

Elder Jay Brazil



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum