Querida família,
 
My new companion is Elder Rolim, he is from Curitiba and he is awesome. It has been a long time since I baptized and I have saudades, but we have some really good people that will be baptized soon. Edjailton (who is currently an investigator, but will be a stake president) is progressing very well. His wife and son went to João Pessoa this week and he came to church all by himself. On Friday night we went to his house and he told us about some dreams he had a few years ago. He had told me about the dreams before and I had studied a little to be able to interpret them, so I pulled a little "Joseph in Egypt" and interpreted his dreams using the scriptures to show him that he needed to be baptized, recieve the priesthood and not give in to the problems that would come after. It was really cool, scriptures came to my mind that I could use to interpret the different things in his dreams, and I know that it was God guiding me.
 
I have a new nickname here in Sousa. Do you guys know who Bam-bam is in the Flintstones? There is a recent-convert here who gave me a doll of Bam-bam and then when she was bearining her testimony on fast Sunday she talked about the missionaries. She called Elder Walton and Elder David angels and then said that I am her Bam-bam. Don't worry, she isn't a snake. She is married and has kids our age, but she considers the missionaries her children as well.
 
Well, gotta go
 
Elder Jay



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum