Brazil

Querida famíli,
 
This week was wierd becaus it was great and crappy at the same time. First I will tell you why it was kind of crappy, all of the baptisms in our zone fell through except for one and this was after two weeks without a baptism. Our zone and the branches have been kind of depressed, but things are getting better now. I became a little crazy when I came here becuase I am forcing myself to always be overly excited and happy. One time I even stood up on a chair during lunch and sang "Scattering Sunshine" becuase everyone was sad.
 
Now the good news. We brought two new families to church on Sunday and the attendance in sacrament meeting was 89. We have been bringing families to church every week, and the members love it. Everyone is getting more excited and we are even getting some referrals. We are teaching three families that are really special and will be leaders in the church if/when they are baptized. We also brought a lady to church that has a radio talk station and found out that she is famous here in Sousa. I don't know if I told you, but we taught the mayor's dad and we also met his secertary in the street, we are going to visit both of them again. I think we need to baptize the mayor.
 
Also this week we had interviews with President Hall and my companion and I did exchanges with the assistents to the president. One of the assistents was my companion in the MTC and we worked together. It was the first time we taught together since the practices in the MTC, and it was awesome. We can actually speak portuguese now. In my interview with President Hall he told me that he doesn't pray for me very much. It was funny because he said it was the best compliment he could give me. He said he doesn´t worry about me so he doesn't feel the need to pray for me.
 
This week we did a famliy home evening in a members house and called all of the inactives to come. It was a pretty good turnout and it was really fun. We played a game kind of like Hot-potato, but we were using a cup of water that we passed around in a circle while one guy sang "Agua mineral". When he stopped singing the person with the cup had to drink the water. Some people got pretty wet in the mayhem. Happily, I didn't have to drink any water, I didn't want to use that cup after so many people had drunken from it.
 
Gotta go,
Elder Jay (not the kitten killer)



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum