Brazil

Querida família,

Oops, I started writing the e-mail in portuguese and had to start over.

This week I found out that I am old on the mission. One of the missionaries that I trained (Elder Woolley) is training a new missionary (Elder Felix). That means that I am a grandpa, and all of us are in the same district. I am the district leader and my companion is my second son, Elder Wright, and the other companionship is Elder Woolley and Elder Felix. It is just me and my descendents in my district,  I think this makes me a patriarch.

This week we baptized a young-woman named Beatriz. Her cousin is a recent-convert and she has a group of friends that are members. Her aunt wants to be baptized as well, but she lives in a house that belongs to a freira (a catholic lady) and she has to find a new house first because the freira will kick her out if she goes to church with us. 

I have learned here in Bom Jardim how important the members are in the missionary-work. Almost everyone that I have baptized are family or friends of recent-converts or members. A lot of times we don't talk to the people that have family in the church because we assume that they have already been taught and didn't want to accept the message, but we just have to talk with everyone.

Well I gotta go,

Elder Tom Jay



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum