Brazil

Querida familia,

First of all, you need to here the most important news... Yesterday we had an arm wrestling contest with a bunch of members after lunch, and I destroyed everyone. The only person that was difficult was Elder Wright. I am the ARM WRESTLING CHAMPION OF THE WARD.

Now we can move on to the other stuff.

Thanks to everyone who sent e-mails, they were really good today, everyone is getting spiritual.

This week was really good. We managed to bring 17 people to church on Sunday and in total there were 162 people. They want to divide the ward and pretty soon they will get there.

It is starting to get even hotter here because winter is ending, in Guarabira last summer I always arrived in our apartment at the end of the with my shirt completely soaked, even the sleeves, and I think it will start to happen again. I am trying to think of a story or something to write, but nothing is coming to mind. I have a question for Mom, Dad, and Tim. What team did you guys cheer for when you were in Brazil, my team is the Corinthians.

Here is a story, if you remember there is a Freira here that isn't letting the students from her school go to church, I already talked to her once for two hours, but couldn't resolve anything, this week I had a dream with her and I was chewing her out. I had pointy finger in the air and she was backed against the wall and I was rebuking her. It was a good dream.

One thing that I have been able to see during my mission is that there is lots and lots of opposition to the work of God. It seems like every other religion tries to get in the way, but even with the opposition the work goes forward. It will continue forever and we just have to choose if we want to go with it. This really is the work of God and we are really blessed to have our entire family together in the church.

Gotta go,
Elder Tom Jay



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum