Brazil

Querida Familia,

I don't remember much from this week. I think I'm getting old and developing alzimers and shaky hand syndrome.

Do you remember the guy that found the Book of Mormon in the garbage? We have been trying to get him to stop smoking and breaking the Law of Chastity so he can be baptized, but until now we haven't been successful. If you guys want to, you can pray for him. He has a testimony, wants to be baptized, wants to leave all of his addictions and bad habits behind, but the problem is his friends don't want him to, and the evangelical people would rather have him smoking and drinking than going to church with us. I already tried to mark a baptismal date with him a couple of times, but we didn't succeed until this week. We were in his house and Elder Wright was saying a prayer and during the prayer 2nd Nephi 4 came to my mind, so we read it with him. The spirit was there really strong and afterward DiĆ“go said that he wanted to mark a date this month for him to prepare to be baptized so we marked the 24th. I hadn't even thought of reading 2 Nephi 4 with him and it has been a while since I read that chapter, but during the prayer the thought came to my mind "2 Nephi chapter 4" and I  thought "hey, thats a good idea, thanks." God knows his children better than we do and if we search for inspiration and then follow the promptings of the Holy Ghost, we will see miracles happen.

This week we had interviews with President Hall, normally my interviews with him are really good, but this time it seemed like he was mad at me or something and started to lecture about dilligence and faith, told me I have to be a "Full-time missionary", and the "Missionary that my mom thinks I am". He talked really good about Mom though, he said that she had been a really good missionary and praised her for having a big family and told me I need to be like Mom. At first I got a little annoyed because I know for a fact that I am more dilligent and obedient than almost all of the missionaries here, but then I thought a little bit, and I can definitely be better with the Area Book, talking to more people in the street, teaching shorter lessons sometimes, language study, writing in my journal, and cleaning the house. It is a little dirty... just a little.

Times up!
Elder Tom Jay



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum