Week 3 in Texas

Querida familia,
 
I got went to a differetn area again, now I am in a town called Raymondville, I think. I have been in three different areas with 6 different companions the past three weeks because the elders that were called here are going to training meetings that last a couple of days, and I am a sub. Hopefully I will get to stay somwhere soon or get my visa.
 
This week was pretty good, I was back in Robstown with Elder Santa Cruz and Kunde. We looked through the Area Book this week and found lots of former investigators that we are starting to visit. We found one 18 year old girl named Royal that came to church and commited to be baptized on the 29th, the hardest part is getting people to come to church because they are too lazy to get up at 9:00 on Sundays, and people don't progress unless they come to church. So, do any of you returned missionaries have advice on getting people to church?
 
Most of the lessons we teach are in English, but we have taught a couple Spanish lessons. I can understand almost everything the elders say, but I can't understand drunk people or batos. I don't talk very much during the Spanish lessons, but I can bear my testimony and stuff. Spanish is just Portuguese but not as cool. I haven't been able to study Portuguese very much because when I am with the Zone Leaders we always have to do stuff during language study time, and it is hard to speak it during the day because no one can understad what I am saying.
 
Anywho, thanks to everyone who sent me emails, I like reading them. It sounds like you are having fun in the MTC Ed. I really liked the MTC, you just have to make it fun. The field is better though. You should find my old teachers, one is Brother Harward, and one is Sister Early, my class was 18M 526 or something. And Ariel, I have only been out 3 weeks and I have more transfers under my belt than you, you need to pick it up.
 
Things are going good down here. It is so much different than Utah though. Everyone is on drugs and people start having babies when they are 12. People are pretty messed up, and they don't realize how much their lives suck becuase they don't know any different, and they don't want to give us the chance to show them how there lives could be better because they are Catholic, or they can speak in tongues and fly (Pentacostals), or they are already saved. It is cool to see how much people change when they do listen and act on what you teach them.
 
Alright, I'm going to go now,
 
Love, Elder T. Jay



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum