Romania Aug 9 2010

Hey everybody,

How's it going.  I guess last week was pretty exciting for you guys because Ed went into the MTC too.  Now there are three of us.  Make sure to give me Ed's email address some time so that I can send him my mass emails too.  Or maybe it would be better if somebody copied them and sent them in a dearelder while he's in the MTC so that he can have plenty of time to write.

So, I read Tom's letter about Texas.  It's good that you get to experience tracting.  It's pretty much my whole mission.  Sora Hupp and I have spent the last five weeks knocking hundreds, if not thousands, of doors and now we have a few investigators.  Like ten.
We try to get referrals from the members all the time, but they usually don't give anything to us.
I remember it was in my first week after knocking in the blocs for a few days I told my companion that it was really stupid and that knocking was the crappiest way to do missionary work.  She said "yep."  And she said when she went home she was going to be the best member ever and refer all of her friends to the missionaries because she had knocked doors in Romania for a year and a half.  And then we continued knocking doors.
It's kind of fun doing it though.  We ocassionally get some of those same responses that you mentioned, but mostly people just say "I'm Orthodox" and we try to persuade them to listen to us anyway.

It's been super hot here too.  The temperature is always reported in Celsius but I created the little formula and I think that the temperature has been in the hundreds for the past couple of weeks.  Sometimes when we knock at people's houses they say "It's too hot!  I can't talk right now!" or they just don't dare to step into the sunlight.  Most people here don't have any sort of air conditioning either, including us.  At mostly all of the vilas though they have a grape vine growing over a courtyard that they sit underneath to be cooler.  It's really humid here too.  I don't really remember any times at home when I was actually dripping with sweat, but here it's pretty much every day.  I used to put on sunscreen but then I got tanned enough through the suncreen that I don't get sunburnt if I don't use it anymore.

I got an email from President Lundberg today that the missionary lessons are changing.  Ed will probably know more about it since he's at the headquarters of missionary work.

We had an investigator actually read the entire book of mormon this past week.  It was cool.  We are giving him to the elders though because he's a guy.  Hopefully he can get baptised soon.  He just has to stop smoking.

The librarian is going to kick me out again soon.

See ya,
Sora Jay

P.S. I have to help the little kids in Primary say prayers and give talks for primary, but in Romanian.  Primary is actually really fun.



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum