Re: Romania 30 Aug 2010

I found the talk and sent it to her, so no one else needs to worry
about it. I hope I got the right one, it was titled Receiving,
Recognizing, and Responding to the Promptings of the Holy Ghost, given
in 1999.

Love, Dad

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 5:00 AM, Ariel Natalie Jay
<ariel.jay@myldsmail.net> wrote:
> Hey everybody,
>
> I got all your emails about the river rafting trip.  That's cool.
> Today I got to ride a bike for the first time since February.  They have
> free bikes that you can ride at the parc, and they wouldn't let us play
> football so we checked out some bikes and rode them around.  It was fun.
>
> Maybe you all know, but this week was the Kiev, Ukraine temple dedication
> and we got to watch the broadcast because now it is the closest temple to
> Romania.  I realized that I know a lot of Russian words (or Ukrainian)
> because they are the same in Romanian.  I have no idea about the grammar
> though, except for little things that Jesh told me like declension and
> conjugation, and diminutive, which also all exist in Romanian.  People think
> that I am from russia a lot of times when we talk to them, and maybe I'll
> get to serve in the Republic of Moldova where you have to know a little
> russian to do contacting.  Anyway, President Monson was hilarious.  He said
> a whole bunch of funny things and you could tell when he left the script
> because the translator would just look up and speak, and look
> uncomfortable.  He was like missionary age, but he did a really good job
> even translating the jokes that President Monson told.  When he finished his
> talk he almost sat down before he remembered that he needed to dedicate the
> temple.  He talked a lot about families, and I hope that all of the Romanian
> members were listening because there are tons of part-member families here.
> That's something that we really want to work on, but it's hard because we
> have limited access to members because of missionaries who were disobedient
> in the past.
>
> I didn't know that everybody was praying for Tom to get his visa.  It
> probably is a really good experience for him to learn to teach by the spirit
> better in English before throwing in a different language.  He will be even
> a better strength to the Brazil mission when he arrives because he will be
> experienced.  My companion was getting frustrated because we don't have
> lessons very often like the lessons that she had in the MTC (with a golden
> investigator, in a quiet, clean place, with the ability to communicate
> perfectly).  But you, and the investigator, can still feel the spirit when
> little kids are running aroung screaming, or when you're sitting on a bench
> next to a busy highway, and even when you can't understand what people are
> saying to you.  They're good lessons, just different.  I don't know how it
> is in Texas, but I think it is a good experience for Tom.  Plus, then he'll
> be so much more grateful when he gets to Brazil and has ten baptisms every
> week.  But, I guess I'll pray for him to get his visa sooner, because it's
> cool to be in a foreign country and that's the mission that he is called to.
>
> I've heard a lot about Jensen and that he's really cute; you can send me a
> picture in an email, somebody.  I would like that.
>
> The special training that Ed isn't getting yet is already sort of filtered
> into the MTC experience, it is just a lot more intense out here.  There is
> nothing actually different from the lessons in PMG or the stuff you learn
> from it, there are just some things that they want to emphasize, like
> following the spirit, teaching lessons not people, and helping people to
> make and keep commitments.
>
> We have been keeping miracle journals since the beginning of this transfer.
> There is a lot of cool stuff in there that I could tell you guys about.
> Mostly about being in just the right place at just the right time so that we
> could find somebody who was ready to listen to us, or even who was searching
> for us like one inactive member that ran into.  I probably should choose one
> and tell you about it each week, but I didn't think to bring the journal
> with me to internet today.
>
> We are working toward the goal of 200 baptisms this year, and so far we have
> 86.  We have been doing really good so far because we have gotten a lot more
> baptisms this year every month than we got last year, but we still have a
> ways to go; which is why we have been keeping miracle journals.
>
> Love,
> Sora Jay
>
> P.S. I would like a copy of that talk that Ed watched (by Elder Bednar) if
> you can find it.
>
>
> NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
> and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized
> review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
> intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all
> copies of the original message.
>

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum