Brazil

Querida Família

Sorry that I haven't written much these last two weeks, I have been pretty busy. I will just tell the most the highlights.

First off, Elder Holland is going to visit our mission on the 24th and it just so happens that he is coming to the chapel in my area. Talk about good luck! I am going to take all of my recent-converts and investigators to fireside. I also thought about marking a baptism on the 24th, but I don't think that they would let us. I was in the MTC during the new mission president training-thingy and we had a fireside with 8 apostles, when I got here in october of 2010 we had a meeting with Elder Bednar and now we will have one with Elder Holland. We are going to be the first ones in the chapel and sit right up front.

We also had a little scar a couple weeks ago. The mission rented a van to take us to the zone leader coucil in João Pessoa. All of the zone leaders from Rio Grande do Norte were in the van. We were about two hours from João Pessoa, I was laying down on the back bench and everyone else was asleep or trying to sleep when suddenly the driver hit the brakes and we ran in to something. After the impact a looked up and saw that we had run into the back a semi-truck. Happily all of the missionaries had their seatbelts on except for me because I had taken it off to lay down. The front of the van was totalled, but no one was hurt besides some bruises, and some nametags that had flown around, not even the missionary in the passenger seat was injured. My shoulder gave a pretty good whack on the bench in front of me and it actually tore out on of the bolts and knocked the bench out of place. We got out of the man and hithhiked until the next city where there was another van that took us the rest of the way. The Lord protected us and we arrived in saftey. Thanks for praying for our safety.

In João Pessoa, next to the presidents house, there is a guy that walks in the road selling little yogurts. He yells louder than any man I have ever seen so after the counsel I ran him down and bought three yogurts so that we would yell "Só batiza!" which means "Just baptize!" It was awesome.

gotta go,
Elder jay






NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum