Emergency Transfer

Querida família,

There was an emergency transfer and several Elders were switched, including me. Now I am in Natal in an area called Santarém. I really wanted to stay in Bom Jardim until the end of the transfer because we had a lot of people to baptize, but it isn't important who baptizes them, they just need to be baptized.

The Elder that was transferred from here also left a baptism, an 18-year-old named Junior. He felt the Spirit very strongly during his baptism and confirmation. Now we have to send him on a mission.

Unfortunatley we don´t have a lot of people in our group of investigators and we only had two investigators at church yesterday. I don't like doing street contacts, but we are going to have to do a lot until we get some good referrals from the members. Most of the time I invite people to be baptized in the first contact to find the "elects".

My new companion is Elder Shelton. He is from Southern California and is finishing his second transfer in the mission field. He has 4 brothers and 3 sisters and he sings really well so in our lessons we always sing. Before my mission I never would have sung for strangers the first time that I met them, but it invites the Spirit really well.

We taught a woman this week who is a referral from a family in our ward. The first time we talked with her we sang a hymn and I asked if she had a question. She said no, but then I said something that answered the question that she had in her head and she started to cry. the second lesson the same thing happened. It is really cool when the Holy ghost leads your lessons.

no more time





NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum