Brazil

Querida família,

This week was really good. We focuse a lot on working with members and we had members with us in the maiority of our lessons. We also held a missionary fireside where all the missionaries talked. We talked about recent-converts, inactive members, referrals and goals. We set some goals with the leaders to increase the attendance in their organizations by bringing back inactive members and giving us referrals. We are going to start passing a stocking around during the classes in church so the people can put referrals in it.

We didn't baptize anyone this week, but we have the baptism of a mom and her three kids marked for this Sunday. We are also teaching two men Mario and Paulo. We have been teaching them for a while and they have been going to church and I believe they will be baptized shortly.

A couple of days ago I started talking to a guy that was sitting in front of his house and I asked him what he does to show that he loves God. His answer was great. "I work as a brick layer... buildin' houses." Then we talked a little more and invited him to be baptized, he accepted, but didn't go to church. Normally, we invite people to be baptized the first time we talk with them so that they know whey we are there. They need to know that our visits and the things we teach have a purpose. No one can be saved in the kingdom of God without being baptized by the power of the priesthood and in our area we are the only ones that can invite a person to be baptized, if we don't invite them no one else can.

Good news, I already got the Christmas package that Joni and Aaron sent. Last time I got it in February and this time I got it in November. Joni told me not to share, but I couldn't help it and shared it with the other missionaries, just not all of it. I liked the ties, I wanted to be able to give them to the people I baptize and the members, but you sent me some super cool ties so I will have to give away my old ones. I think the coolest one is the tie with all the little Captain Moronis.

Gotta go,
Elder Tom Jay



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum