Querida Familia,

Thanks for all the emails. They were especially good today.

I have a story that will make you guys sick. Elder Siqueira and I were in the house of a young man that we baptized and we were teaching his sister. Elder Siqueira asked for some water so she brought a pitcher and a cup and he drank two cups really fast. Then, I drank a cup and started to drink a second, but as I was drinking a looked into the cup and there were a bunch of little white worms swimming around. Not wanting to interfere with the lesson I set the cup down on the table and sat there in silence. I couldn´t teach anymore, I was just thinking about the little white worms in my stomach. Unfortunatley, because I didn't say anything, Elder Siqueira grabbed the cup and drank the rest. After the lesson I told him what had happened so we went and bought Sprite to try to burn the worms out, but I don´t think it did anything. It happened six days ago and we haven´t gotten sick yet. The blessings of being a missionary!

Yesterday I got a little frustrated because almost everyone here is a dunce. I wanted to run out in the street and yell, in English, "Why are you all so stupid!" But, I didn´t and after I said a prayer and felt better. I'm learning to be more pacient and loving with people.

This week is Carnaval, so the church took all of the young people out of the cities for a week long camp. Here in Guarabira the parties are pretty small, but in some areas the missionaries aren´t allowed to leave the apartment. Brazil is a party country, they throw parties for evertything. I'm glad I was born in Utah in the church.

Gotta go

Elder Jay Brazil



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum