Não sei

Querida familia
 
When I came here a little more than 3 months the number of people in church every week was about 70. Yesterday there were 110 people in church even though it was raining a lot. The secret is that the members are visiting the inactive members and inviting them back to church. When the members are working and visiting each other the church grows but when people get lazy and stop visiting the church shrinks. I have been able to see the importance of members in this area, they have been lazy for a while now and even though more than a hundred people were baptized into the branch in the last two years the branch shrunk. 109 baptisms since January 18, 2009, and none of them are active except the ones that we baptized in the last two months and a few others because no one took care of them after their baptisms. We have to help the branch before we can help the non-members.
 
On Saturday we took Rayssa (the girl I wrote about last time) to teach some of her friends. She already teaches better than most of the missionaries that I know. She was asking questions, teaching simple doctrine, bearing testimony, and she wasn´t afraid. It was pretty cool. Good investigator = Good member = Good missionary:)
 
Yesterday we had lunch with the first counseler in the branch. I ate so much food I almost died. I just kept eating and eating and eating, but I felt fine until the very end I drank a glass of water and for the next couple of hours I wanted to puke. But I didn't because if I did it would have been a waste of food and I don´t waste food.
 
It has started to rain a lot here in the past few weeks and it is a lot cooler outside. I get wet every day, but it is better to get wet from rain than from sweat.
 
Here is a scripture for mom, 2 Nephi 18:12-13, it talks about conspiricies.
 
Tchão até a proxima semana,
 
Elder Jay Brazil
 
 
 
 



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum