Hey

Querida familia,

The package still hasn't arrived. I can only hope that the postal worker who stole it is sharing the goodies with his family and friends. I think that now it would be alright to tell me what you sent, since I will never see it with my own eyes.

This week was wierd, I don´t remember much. I think I am losing the ability to remember because I am always so tired. I drew a T-rex in my planner and it turned out pretty good. Here´s a story that happened a couple weeks ago that I forgot about. We always have district meeting in the church and we have keys to a side door so we can get in. The problem is that you can pull the doorknob out. Anyway, someone left the doorknob inside the church so we couldn´t get in through the door. I had to climb up on top of the church and it was a little difficult because all of the walls have spikes and glass on top, but I managed, and then I found a window that someone had left open. I climbed in through the window and opened the church from the inside. I think I could be an alright burglar.

Now a good story. The girl that we baptized last week told her mom how she felt when she was baptized and her mom told her that we must put something in the water to make the people think they are feeling the Holy Ghost. She figured us out! We always give the people a little electrical shock while they are under the water. Then her old pastors went over again to try to dissuade her, but she came to church yesterday and recieved the gift of the Holy Ghost. She said she felt like she did when she was baptized only this time instead of being an instantaneous thing, she said it came more slowly and stayed. I could feel it just sitting by her and talking to her. She has a really strong testimony. Yesterday she told us that her mom bought some cookies and she started to eat them, but then she felt bad because her mom bought them on Sunday, and repented of eating cookies purchased on the sabbath. She already has standards higher than most of the members here and in Utah.

We are making the members work now, because President Hall said that he won't dedicate the new chapel until the branch has a frequency of 120 member for a month straight. We divided some of the members in companionships and assingned neighborhoods to them, and gave them the names and addresses of all the inactives. This week a lot of people that hadn´t come to church for a long time came, just because someone visited them. I´m learning on the mission how to be a good member.

Nothing else.
Love,

Elder Jay Brazil




NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum