Romania 20 Sept 2010

Hey everyone,
 
Today I was looking at some American dollars and they seemed wierd-looking and really long and skinny.  I remember when I first got here and everything was really wierd and small and dirty; but now I'm used to it.  I also think that skinny pants aren't as ugly as I used to think they were, probably because everybody wears them here.
 
It's cool that you had so many people at church Tom.  We invite and call and remind tons of people each week, and for the past few we have had none.  Even our investigators that had baptismal dates haven't been coming.  But, it just means that it's time to find new investigators then.  We've met some really cool people in the park this week with all the extra time that we've had not teaching the investigators that we dropped or that disappeared.
 
I keep forgetting every week to bring my miracles journal so that I can write a couple of them for you guys to read.  I have too short of a memory span to remember them because I have to remember so many things to do every day that I have to let other things go.  We got kicked out of a bloc yesterday though.  This one guy came out of his door so that he could leave to go to work and started questioning us and then told us to get out of the bloc, we went out and opened the door to the elevator and told us to get inside.  We got inside and I pushed one of the buttons and we went up a floor.  He ran up the stairs and told us to get back into the lift and get out of the building and said that he would call the police; but we are allowed to be in the blocs anyway so the police couldn't have done anything to us as long as we had our passports with us.  Sora Wilson wanted to argue with the guy but she didn't know Romanian well enough to, and I would rather just come back later than have him hit us or anything so we left the bloc.  The guys outside who had let us in got mad at the guy who kicked us out, so that was cool.
We also knocked on the door of an Orthodox priest yesterday.  I always think of the priests as being super corrupted and evil because of the things that they teach people here, but we knocked on the door of this humble priest who didn't live in a giant mansion and he said that he would like to know what we had to say.  He didn't give us very much time to tell him our message but we were able to give him a Book of Mormon and he said that he would read it.  We told him to come to church.
 
Tom, I just realized that my companion was in the MTC at the same time as you.  Did you ever meet her?  Her name is Sora Wilson and she is from Australia.  Ed should go say hi to the Romanian district too, because I will probably definitely meet the sister in there and the elders might be in my districts or zones at some point.
 
Well, I guess I'll just send you some of the pictures that I haven't sent to you yet.
 
Love,
Sora Jay
 
P.S.  On P-day I looked at a little bit of Russian and learned the cyrillic alphabet.  I forgot what it was like learning at the beginning.  I have a lot more sympathy for my companion now.



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum