Week 6 in Romania

Hey Everybody,
 
Sounds like it was an eventful week for you guys.  My week was pretty eventful too, but with things that aren't quite as big, (except for sharing the gospel with people so that they can start doing all the things that you guys have been doing which is pretty important).
 
Right now I'm in Bucharest for transfers.  My companion is going home so I am here and I get to recieve the new missionaries from the MTC.  We call them boboace which means 'hatchlings' prettymuch.  Then I'll go back to Arad with my new companion Sister Walker.  I haven't met her yet.
 
Remember how last week I talked about how the members don't come to church?  Well, I prayed all week that they would, and this week was the biggest sacrament meeting that we've had so far.  It was really cool, we were almost to the point where we needed to set up more chairs.
 
It's cool to hear about all of the things going on at home, but I don't really feel sad that I missed them, it's cool enough to think about them happening when I'm standing in the middle of nowhere waiting for a tramvai to show up :).
 
My Zone Leaders told me this story: Elder Moore was on exchanges with Elder Bigu in Deva, I think, and they had just walked up to the highest floor of a bloc to start knocking their way down when they heard somebody come in the bottom.  Elder Bigu said jokingly that it was probably some Jehova's Witness missionaries.  The two old ladies walked all the way up the stairs until they saw the Elders standing there at the top, just finished with their bloc prayer.  They really were Jehova's Witness missionaries.  They stood there and looked at each other for a minute.  Then Elder Moore reached over and knocked on the door next to him.  The two old ladies turned around and walked back down the stairs and left the bloc, and the Elders said that the block was full of cool people that they could set up with.
I just thought it was awesome that they actually encountered the other missionaries, and that they beat them to the chase.  We ocassionally enter blocs and they are really annoyed with us and it usually means that we are in blocs where the Jehova's Witnesses have recently been, because they tend to be contentious when they contact so people hate them.  They see us at the door and just close it without listening to us or they start railing on us until we say that we aren't Jehova's Witnesses.  If they stop to listen to us they usually like us by the time we leave even if they don't want to know anything about our message.
Some parts of town, like the really busy streets down in Centru are really missionaried-out because of the Jehova's Witnesses and the Baptist missionaries.  We have only gone there a couple of times because they're really unreceptive.  Some areas are really good for finding people though.  We spent a few days on only three blocs because so many people talked to us or set up with us.
 
You guys can send me some pictures in emails, Jennie and Colin did and I could pull them up fine.  Good luck to Tom, going into the MTC.  My classroom was in 18M 473 or 437, the Romanian missionary district should be there still and you can tell them that they'll see me in a transfer.  If you want, you can tell them 'iats viatsa' and see what they think (it sounds like the way I spelled it).  It means 'take your life' but means go kill yourself.  They probably won't understand it, but you should say hi to them.  And you should set up your new.myldsmail.net account before you go into the MTC so that you can send me your email address without taking up some of your email time.
 
Sending me emails is definitely more efficient than dearelder.com or regular mail, but it's still cool to get those too.  I got some from you guys last week that were sent on the day that I left the MTC to come here.  They get to the mission home and sit there until there is a time when somebody comes out to Arad or up to Buchurest and back.
 
Thanks for all the letters this week.  I still don't feel like I have a lot to say to you guys just because my weeks are usually the same.  We don't have any baptismal dates or anything set up right now, some people fell through.  We still have lots of people to work with though, and hopefully we can set up some baptismal dates during this week.
 
I'll try sending you guys some pictures right now.
 
Love, Sora Jay
 
 
P.S. Jesh or Pete told me that the US is like heaven compared to Russia, and I think it is the same with Romania.  Not because you get free water in Restaurants, and you can drink the water in your shower, and it's clean and well structured; but because that's where my family is, and no place could be heaven if my family wasn't there.
It sounds like things are going well with you guys.  It's awesome to hear from you.



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum