Week 5 in Romania

Hey Everybody,

Hey Jerm, I'm sorry I didn't get to talk to you on the phone, it's good that you went to church.  Here there aren't very many members who come to church consistently so I almost felt bad that you guys would stay home, when I'm here trying everything I can to get people to come.  But I know that you guys are strong members, and it's cool that you all went to a different sacrament meeting because you couldn't go to your own.

Well, it's cool that Joni's going to have another baby.  There will be a few of them before I get back I guess.  I don't remember when Jennie is supposed to be due, so can you let me know?

I know that Jill is getting married this week; I wrote it in my planner.  Good luck with everything!  If you guys send something to the mission home in Bucharest (like an invitation) it might get there before Monday, which is when I will be going up for transfers since my companion is going home, so I'll be getting a new one.
I always knew that having a companion would be the most difficult part of my mission, and it has been, but it hasn't been bad.  Even companions like me and Sora Staley, who are very different, can get along well because we have common goals.  She is really talkative and exciting, and I'm quiet and more...sober.  But we have fun, and we work hard to try to meet our goals.  Our mission goal is to teach 20 lessons every week.  This week we got 17.  We were planning on getting our last three on Sunday evening from knocking in the blocs, but only one person let us in during the four or so hours that we were knocking in a bunch of different blocs.  We had two investigators at church this week, so it was good.  They are both people that are ready to get baptized, they just have to make the commitment.  We hope they can get baptized on the 29th so that Sora Staley can see them when she comes touring through with her parents.

We went to Lipova today which has the ruins of a castle on top of a hill.  It was really cool.  I took a ton of pictures, so I'll see if I can send any in the mail.

I don't have a lot to say this week.  I guess I'm used to things here now so that I don't notice all the differences that you guys would find interesting.  I'll try to have more prepared for next week.

It's really cool that Tom and Ed went to the temple.  People here usually go to the temple in Germany, which is a long way away and expensive to get to.  Soon there will be one in Kiev but it is still expensive to get there, so we should appreciate how close the temple in Provo is.
Also, there are only about 6 people in Romania who have patriarchal blessings, so don't take those for granted either.

Anyway, that's it I guess.
I wish you guys would send me pictures of Utah that I could show to the members or to my English class.  And pictures of each of your families since I only have Joni's and Rodney's families.  Well, maybe you already did and they're waiting for me at the mission home. :)

Talk to you later, Love
Sora Jay



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum