Week 3

Hey everybody,  everything is going good here.  I've gotten two packages this week I think, and I got three letters today from Joni and Jill & Stewart.  I got two dearelders during this week one from Mom and one from Colin and one from Sally, just so that you guys know I got your letters.  I got the black one from Joni last week too.  When the ambassador from Romania came he met with the district that left this week, so it's not like he didn't meet any of the missionaries studying romanian.  And he only stayed for a few minutes.  Two of the elders in my district have thrown up in the past week, but they both got better really quick.  None of the sisters have gotten sick; we probably eat a little better than the elders do.  In our district the elders have lots of drama, but the sisters are all just friends, so good luck to Tom and Ed, hopefully you don't get any self-righteous super-critical companions like the one in our district.  In class one time it was my turn to say the prayer, but everyone had found out that I had studied chinese so my companions turned to me and said "You should say the prayer in Chinese!"  I thought about it but then I decided not to, but then when I was about to start I couldn't remember the words to start the prayer in Romanian, so I ended up saying it in Chinese.  My companions started laughing really hard while I was praying because they hadn't expected me to actually do it.  But the teacher wasn't mad or anything.  Everyone always seems surprised that I am going to Romania when they find out I studied Chinese, but I guess it just makes me feel like I really am needed in Romania because everyone else who studies chinese goes chinese-speaking.  In the TRC this week we picked up some members and rode on the bus with them to church.  We had planned some things to say to them, like following up on commitments and asking about their families but they breezed past that stuff really quickly and then started asking us questions about baptism, in Romanian.  They asked why they needed to be baptized again, and we tried to explain even though we didn't know any of the vocab like 'authority' but we were able to explain, eventually.  I think it's cool trying to figure out how to say things because we have a pretty good mormon vocabulary now.  We have started practicing teaching parts of the lessons to each other in Romanian because the Monday after next is when we will have to teach the entire lesson in Romanian.  I feel bad for the elders because they don't speak as well as the sisters.  I don't know if it's just because they don't practice very much or if it's because they are younger and don't study well or what, but they are a little bit behind.  We try to involve them in our study by playing games like pictionary, or writing crazy stories.  We got some new roommates last week; I don't know if I told you.  They are pretty good now, at first they were really wierd and they seemed to hate us, but I guess they are getting used to being here too now.  They will leave before us to go to Washington, I think.  They are Sister Conger, Sister Gandalf, and Sister Mckray.  I have started a sisters' basketball game in the gym during our gym time every day.  My companions resisted a lot at first but now they love to play and they always want to play basketball.  Sister Humphries sprained her ankle during a game a couple of days ago though, so she hasn't been playing.  Girls seem to be a lot better at guarding than any guys I've ever seen play.  Last night Sister Mckray was saying companion prayers with our roommates and she said " We're thankful for this P-day; we love to serve thee but sometimes we just need some time to ourselves."  Everyone in the room started fighting really hard to keep from laughing and eventually her companions burst out so we all did.  Sister Conger said they could say their prayer in a little while, and ask for forgiveness.    I try to put interesting stuff in these emails but I don't know if it's funny to you guys because everything lame seems funny here because of our lack of entertainment.  It was awesome when Mom sent us the Police Beat from the BYU newspaper.  Well I'm pretty much out of time now.  Thanks for writing me letters, I have a couple to send this week.   



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum