Ariel in the MTC

Hello again everybody, thanks for writing me letters. If it seems inconvenient to write a tangible letter you can go to DearElder.com and type something up. It's better than emailing me because I will be able to get the letter during the week instead of waiting until P-day to read them. Brother Irion is one of the teachers of the other district, we spend a lot of time with them though so he knows me. I'll tell him that my brother knows his brother. We were in our classroom writing letters when the Ambassador came; we didn't get to meet him, but I accidentally bumped into one of his bodyguards after I finished filling up my waterbottle at the drinking fountain. There were some elders hanging out in the hall and the bodyguards told them to stand up straight and not put their feet against the wall. The elders looked scared. After the Ambassador left, he was only there for a few minutes, Elder Caliniuc (the Romanian Elder) came into our classroom and was talking to us, or trying to. My companion started trying to say something to him in Romanian and he said, "Just speak English." I laughed really hard, I don't think he meant to be so blunt, but she said she never wanted to speak Romanian again. I can't start new paragraphs in these emails. This week in the LTRC (Language Teaching Resource Center) we were practicing knocking doors. There was one door that we knocked and when we were introducing ourselves one of my companions accidentally said "We are a message" instead of "We have a message." So we laughed really hard. At the same door we asked whether or not the guy believed in God and he either said "Noi" or "Nu" 'believe in God.' One of them would have meant that he, and his wife, did and the other one would have meant that they didn't. Two of us thought that he said they didn't and we didn't know what to say to him. My other companion thought he said that they did so she continued the conversation. We could never agree on what he said but it was pretty funny that such a small difference in words made a big difference in the meaning. Janice Kapp Perry spoke in relief society last Sunday. She had us sing and she sang to us a new song that she wrote. I found my journal, I just put it inside of a box so that it wouldn't get ruined and I didn't open the box until after I had just typed my email last week. Mom sent me a lot of writing materials but I'm not supposed to write letters on any day other than P-day, so I don't know what she was expecting. I've got all that stuff though so I did write some letters and I got some stamps at the bookstore to send them. I don't have very many people's addresses though, only the one's of people who have already written to me. So tell Sally to write me a letter so that I can send one to her. You probably shouldn't send me emails because I only have 30 min. of computer time each P-day, but once again you can send a letter through dearelder.com. I don't know exactly how it works but that's where lots of missionaries get their letters from. My teachers say that I have a really good accent. I tried to preserve the accent that I learned from computer programs before I came here. During my first week here I got lots of letters and packages but now I'm not getting very many, relative to the amount of family members I have that could be sending me letters. I haven't had time yet to try to graph, or figure out Ed's secret message. I fall asleep more than anyone else during classes and meetings; for all of you that wondered what would happen to me when I couldn't sleep all day anymore. I think I'm developing narcolepsy, or whatever it's called, because of sleep deprivation. It's entertaining to my companions though. I'm all out of time. You can write me letters no matter what they're about.

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum