Brazil

Querida família

This will be my last e-mail as Elder Jay. It's sad isn't it.

First things first. To call the chapel from the US the number is 011-55-84-3208-5695. I will be in the chapel around 2:00 or 2:30 my time, which is 11:00 or 11:30 in Utah, I think. You will have to verify that. I don't know what we will be able to talk about because I will be home 5 days later, but we'll think of something. We can make plans of what we are going to do.

Yesterday we baptized a young man named Tasso. He is another friend of Ruchemberg. Ruchemberg and his friends are great, in a couple of years all of them will be on a mission. When Ruchemberg was baptized a seventy played the piano and shared a message, and the week between his baptism and confirmation he sat in the third row to watch a fireside with Elder Holland, and next week he will go to the temple for the first time and when he gets back he will baptize his younger brother. We are baptizing great people here.

Today we had a zone p-day to celebrate my death. We played volleyball in the Church and then we had a brazilian barbeque with the stake president and his wife. There was so much meat that not even a zone of missionaries could eat it all, and it was good too. The stake president is from the south of Brazil where they are famous for their barbeques. Afterward I left my last message with the zone. This week was the best week in the 2 and a half months that the zone exists, we baptized 10 people, 2 of them being men and one family.

When I get home you guys are going to have to help me not be trunky for the mission. I miss you guys and I am excited to be going home, but I can tell you that it is going to be really hard for me in the beginning.

For the last time love,
Elder Jay

 



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum