Romania 13 Dec 2010

Hey everybody,

How's it going.  Those pictures of Tom and Ed are really cool.  I printed off the picture that Ed sent a while ago with him holding the machete and I show it to the other elders in my district.  I think I will print off the one of Tom and the parrot to show to them as well.

Transfers will be this week, so I am leaving Bucharest.  I will be in Ploiesti (ploy-esht, maybe you can pronounce it correctly).  This week has been nice.  We called every single former investigator and person in the phone, and have called a lot of people in the potential investigators section of the area book because Sora Fraser got pretty sick for a while.  We found some really cool and nice people, and we got two baptismal dates set up this week.

We met with a guy that came to English one time, Liviu.  He came to actually talk to the missionaries, I think.  He is going through a divorce and he feels good at the church.  We met with him and our intention was just to help him get comfort from the gospel, but we ended up inviting him to get baptized.  That was the best way I could think of to help him.
We were talking with a member during church, and we had spoken to one of her work colleages on the street.  She told us that we should meet with her and work with her but that we shouldn't invite her to get baptized.  We just didn't respond.  Baptizing people is our job.  I can't remember who said it but they said, "a missionary who doesn't invite their investigator to be baptized by the second lesson is a failure."

Well, I guess I might not ever know what happens to the people that we are working with right now because I'll be in a different city.  I'll be there for Christmas, so I probably won't get any mail until next transfers.

Well, I guess I'm the only one that's in a time zone that's a few hours off, so I'll start the discussion on Christmas phonecalls.  So, you guys can call me at probably any time on Saturday the 25th.  I can't look at sites online and figure out the time differences so you guys will have to take care of it (just tell Jerm to look it up really quickly and find a time that isn't ridiculously early or late for either of us).  The only thing after that would be for me to make sure that my new companion is getting her call at a different time.

I think my mission is a lot different from Tom's and Ed's missions, and it makes my kind of jealous.  But Rodney's and Pete's and Jesh's and Colin's missions were probably like mine.  At the end of one week last transfer after working really hard all week and having very little success, we were standing outside of a bloc trying to get someone to let us in and it was raining and cold and we were really tired on Sunday night.  Just standing out there trying to knock a few last blocs, and I just got a really good, comforting feeling.  At the point where I was feeling frustrated, after exerting all of my efforts and not really seeing it come through to anything, I just had that really good feeling, and knew that what I was doing was good and that that was all that was asked of me.

Happy Monday

Love,
Sora Jay



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum