June 21, 2010 in Romania

Hey Everybody,

How's it going.  Today we went out to Lipova again and climbed all over the castle ruins.  I didn't take a lot of pictures this time because I had been there before, and it was a sunny day this time so we climbed on the ruins more.  I can send you more pictures through email as soon as I get a chance to use a computer that has a USB port that works (which means probably not for about three weeks 'til if I'm in Buchurest for transfers).

This past week has been kind of rough.  We have had some companion problems some more, but they seem to get settled out as they come along.  I didn't know what to do more with my companion so I told her to call President; he had the Zone leaders give us some advice at district meeting.  They were really cool about it.  They said they felt bad for us because we could never go on exchanges to learn the types of things that they tell to the elders when they are on exchanges with them.

I think that it will be a lot different in Tom's mission than it is in mine.  In our district it is just us two sisters and the Zone leaders, so they call it a 'dating district' and each of the districts in Romania except for the one in Buchurest are 'dating districts.'  So whenever we go out to lunch on P-days people always think we're on a date.  In Tom's mission the districts will probably be huge so that for district meeting it will actually be scheduled and people will have assignments, because here it isn't always like that.  Usually, but not always.

We got asked out a few times this week.  The guys in Romania are pretty bold, and the girls are too I guess because the elders have told us about things that happen to them as well.

Our investigator, Dana, is getting baptized this Saturday, and the elders have an investigator to get baptized on the same day, so it'll be cool.

Hmmm.  I don't really have anything else to tell you guys.  I think there are probably a lot of things that I could tell you about, but I've gotten used to the way that things are here so that they don't stand out to me as things to tell you.

We have been working on starting up a Young Womens program here, so we taught a YW class this past Sunday.  There were like eight girls there and they've called one of the strongest members in the branch to be the Young Women's President so we think it will start going really strong and we can get the girls to bring their friends and other people to the activities.  They're all really cool girls, even the ones that are inactive aren't the way that inactive members in Utah are.  I wish you guys could hear the way that they pray.  I get used to hearing them pray that way in Romanian, but I was translating it into English in my head on Sunday and I realized how different it was from the way that I usually heard people pray in English.  They're prayers are usually a lot longer too though, so I can understand why it would be different in a place like Utah where people probably pray a lot more in public places, so they've learned to do it differently.

Tom talked about getting a lot of letters and pictures and I was like, "Yeah I got those too," but then I realized that he must have been talking about getting things in the real mail instead of just through email, and I was jealous.  I remember those days in the MTC when I would get letters like every day and I would have so much stuff to write that I could never get it all into a 30 minute email.  But, ce sa fac, we won't get anything from the real mail or through dearelder.com until somebody comes out to our zone from Buchurest, which isn't until transfers on the 6th.

I got Joni's pictures, I wish I had somewhere to print them off so that I could keep them on me, because a lot of people like investigators and members really like to see the pictures that I have of my family, especially when I tell them how big it is.  I guess if I get transferred I'll be able to print off some stuff in Buchurest really quick, if I have somebody with me who knows their way around the city.

Love,
Sora Jay

P.S. It's been a long time since anyone has called me Ariel, so it seems strange when you guys call me Ariel.  It's like my secret name.  It's actually the name of a popular laundry detergent here but it's still a hard name for them to say.  I have told people that my real name was Thwithulthwarth before, because it's impossible for them to say and it's funny to hear them try, usually they say something that sounds like fifly-fourf when they repeat it back to me.



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum